It’s that time of year again (well, almost).
You know the time I’m talking about. Maybe you’ve already started to feel the bombardment of advertisements all luring you into stores or online to recieve #BlackFriday deals. We’re not above this influence. We can barely resist a good sale.
This year, though, we’ve decided to take a more creative, courageous and conscious approach. Here at She Thinks Purple, we’re canceling “Black Friday” and ushering in #PurpleFriday, a day where we align our consumption with our values and make our coins count. How? By supporting social enterprises on a mission make money and make a difference in the world.
If you’d like to join the #PurpleFriday movement and make your coins count too, then shop any (or all) of the companies on our list. This list is far from comprehensive. We’ll continue to add to the list with recommendations from our community. We’ll also be featuring some of the founders and companies in our network via social media in the coming weeks as we countdown to #PurpleFriday. For starters, though, we’ve got you covered for health, beauty, fashion and more. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and join our email list to learn about special promotions.
1. The Bloomi: Did you know that many of the products marketed to women for pleasure are actually toxic, poisoning them over time? Rebecca Story has created a company that helps women enjoy intimacy as it should be, free from worry over harmful chemicals. Stock up on all of your pleasure essentials: https://thebloomi.com
2. Twice As Warm: Who doesn’t love the feeling of a new warm hat or scarf when the weather turns cool and crisp? Brian Lieberman thought everyone, especially those without a home and exposed to the elements for prolonged periods, deserved to enjoy that feeling. For every item his ecommerce company, Twice As Warm, sells, they donate new cold weather apparel to those in need. If that doesn’t warm your heart, we don’t know what would. Look good and feel even better: https://twiceaswarm.com
3. Divine Chocolate: What if your chocolate indulgence could support the environment and create economic opportunities for local farmers? You could basically eat chocolate guilt-free forever. That’d be pretty sweet! Visit Divine Chocolate to stock up on sweet treats and baking essentials, knowing you’re doing something good for the world: https://divinechocolate.com
4. Marjani Beauty: It’s no secret that the beauty industry has had a persistent blind spot. We’re encouraged by all the progress being made as brands take a more inclusive approach to creating products for women of color. Marjani Beauty is taking that to the next level. They just opened their first brick-and-mortar location in Washington DC's historic Dupont Circle where highly melanated women are highly celebrated as all of their beauty needs are met. Don’t walk, run, to their store or just shop the “old school” way: https://marjanibeauty.com
5. The Go Love Yourself Box: Let’s be honest. Life coaching is expensive and even regular ole #selfcare can be elusive. Sharon Podobnik, founder of The Go Love Yourself Box (a self-care subscription box company) knows what it’s like to be busy and overwhelmed. She created this product for people like her, regular working people who wanted to prioritize personal growth without breaking the bank. Subscribe today, and you’ll thank yourself every month: https://thegoloveyourselfbox.com
6. Soapbox Soaps: Most of us bathe everyday. (Or at least we could, if we wanted to.) But what if you didn’t have reliable access to water and basic hygiene products? Sadly, that’s the reality for too many people around the globe. Rather than get on his “soapbox” about this problem, David Simnick, founder of Soapbox Soaps, took action. For every bar of soap sold, one is donated. It’s a simple concept with a profound impact. We could all stand to say less and buy more soap: https://soapboxsoaps.com
7. 3:27 Cosmetics: Never tested on animals. Nourishing for your lips. Naturally enhances beauty for all hues. Very few cosmetic companies can make such boasts, but 3:27 Cosmetics can. It took Genevia Sawyer getting fired twice by the same company to finally answer her true calling and build the business she was meant to lead all along. We’re so glad she did, and you will be too. Put your best face forward with 3:27 Cosmetics matte lipsticks: https://327cosmetics.com